If you love fresh fruits and vegetables, this may be the job for you. Our Produce Clerks are devoted to ensuring mouthwatering presentation of our produce and providing friendly assistance to customers who visit the department.
- Provides premier customer service, including greeting customers and answering their questions.
- Fills and rotates produce cases and dry tables.
- Unloads product from trucks.
- Sells products by providing customers with information needed to make product-related decisions.
- Breaks down pallets and separates produce for sales floor, cooler, and back room prep areas.
- Processes and/or wraps produce items prior to filling cases and dry tables.
- Verifies ads, hangs current sale signs, and removes out-of-date sale signs.
- Performs routine price changes on products.
- Processes Value Added Items for Produce Specialty section.
- Operates pallet jack, scissor lift, baler, compactor, and scrub machine.
- Assists in other duties as assigned.
- At least 16 years of age.
- At least 18 years of age to use sharp knives, powered equipment, or ladders, scaffolds, or their substitutes above 6 feet in height.
- Ability to deliver friendly, courteous, prompt customer service.
- Ability to read, write, and do simple math problems.
- Ability to interpret and follow instructions.
- Ability to work well with others and be an effective team member.
- Previous work experience at Publix.
- A passion for serving people.
Produce Clerks perform their duties primarily in the sales, prep, and backdoor receiving areas. They may be exposed to various temperature changes and work environments. Work requires hand-eye coordination, repetitive arm and hand movements, safe use of knives and a pineapple corer, and frequent interaction with customers and fellow associates.