Our Grocery Clerks (or Stockers) ensure proper presentation of products on store shelves and in cases. They also provide friendly customer assistance in their assigned sections of the store. At times, this means temporarily leaving a task to walk a customer to another area to locate a product.
- Provides premier customer service, including greeting customers and answering their questions.
- Ensures that product is within date and rotate and display product according to the appropriate planogram.
- Assists with unloading product from trucks and organizes stock room.
- Fills assigned section as needed.
- Assists with the maintenance of the shelf set.
- Cleans cases and shelves, and mop and sweep the sales floor, stock rooms, and dairy coolers.
- Operates back room equipment, including pallet jack, scissor lift, baler, compactor, and scrub machine.
- Assists with other duties as assigned.
- At least 16 years of age.
- At least 18 years of age to use sharp knives, powered equipment, or ladders, scaffolds, or their substitutes above 6 feet in height.
- Ability to deliver friendly, courteous, prompt customer service.
- Ability to read, write, and do simple math problems.
- Ability to interpret and follow instructions.
- Ability to work well with others and be an effective team member.
- A passion for serving people.
Grocery Clerks perform their duties primarily in the Grocery department and in the back room. They may be exposed to various temperatures and work environments. Work involves walking and standing, and lifting, moving, carrying, and stocking product. The position requires frequent interactions with customers and fellow associates.