In this entry-level store job, Bakery Clerks devote their attention to offering eye-catching fresh Bakery products, including breads, rolls, and more. They interact a great deal with our customers and sell products while offering consistent high-quality customer service.
- Provides premier customer service, including greeting customers and answering their questions.
- Sells products by providing customers with information needed to make product-related decisions.
- Takes and fills special orders for customers.
- Finishes products (e.g. fills or ices donuts or pastries).
- Packages, labels, and prices products for self-service.
- Maintains and fills bakery trays, display cases, and ingredient bins.
- Operates the scale.
- Operates the bread slicer (if at least 18 years of age).
- Assists with unloading trucks and organizes and restocks supplies.
- Follows sanitation and safety guidelines.
- Assists in cleaning duties.
- Assists in other duties as assigned.
- At least 16 years of age (at least 18 years of age in North Carolina and Virginia).
- At least 18 years of age to use sharp knives, powered equipment, or ladders, scaffolds, or their substitutes above 6 feet in height.
- Ability to deliver friendly, courteous, prompt customer service.
- Ability to interpret and follow instructions.
- Ability to work well with others and be an effective team member.
- A passion for serving people.
Bakery Clerks perform their duties primarily in the Bakery department. They may be exposed to various temperature changes and environments. Work involves walking, standing, lifting and carrying products weighing up to 60 pounds, hand-eye coordination, and interaction with customers and associates.